Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Self Portrait

I had to draw self portraits all the time in school, but it's been many years now. When we decided to do them again for fun at FableVision, at first I struggled to think of some witty and thoughtful way to portray myself, but then I remembered that I really enjoy drawing portraits, and don't do nearly enough of it these days. So I decided to revisit my drawing board with the traditional method of simply drawing myself from a mirror with a real pencil on real paper, instead of on the computer where I do everything now. So here it is. This is what I look like, except I don't normally have ivy in my hair. That I added as a little tribute to Wooden Rose, which has become such a huge part of who I am now.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent work! I don't mind digitally-created art but I still have a preference for traditional materials and methods. For some reason, I'm particularly partial to pencil on paper. Maybe because that's what my granddaughter uses?

    Wooden Rose is pretty important to me, too. I wait up on Sunday nights (EST) for your Tweet announcing the latest installment is up.

    ReplyDelete